All notable changes to the English TeX FAQ will be documented in this
file. Changes prior to the switch to Markdown format are available from
The format is based on Keep a
- Q-nohyph: Add mention to
- Q-fmtconv: Update the information on converters from other formats to LaTeX and from LaTeX to other formats,
merging the information which was contained on Wilfried Hennings’ FAQ pages
(https://www.tug.org/utilities/texconv/index.html). Those pages are now removed.
- Q-texcad to Q-texdraw: Added other drawing packages.
- Q-erroradvice: Added link.
- Q-spell: Removed information about VMS and MS-DOS programs. Added
Antidote as a LaTeX-aware spell checker.
- Q-recovertex: Links added.
- Q-time.md: Added
- Q-typo-style: Added two documents.
- Q-uploads: Added details about version identifiers.
- Q-useMF: Correction of typos.
- Q-whereFAQ: Correction of links.
- Q-xspace: Correction of punctuation.
- Q-arraytab: New question
- Q-rule: New question
- Q-whereFAQ: Update to the status of non-English FAQs
- various pages: small corrections to problems discovered while translating the FAQ into French.
- Q-typo-style: Removed links to expired material
- Q-hypertex: Extremely out-of-date
- Q-eqnarray and other pages, update “AMSLaTeX” references to amsmath
package or amsmath bundle.
- Q-context: Update context links and description as suggested by @ousia PR #10
- Q-2colfltorder: double column float order was fixed in 2015 release
- Q-2colfloat: double column float order was fixed in 2015 release
- Q-capbibtex: Prefer protecting entire words, not just letters
- Q-alternatives: Add entries for Lout and [TNG]roff.
- Q-addtoreset: chngcntr now incorporated into the format
- Q-run-fn-nos: chngcntr now incorporated into the format
- Q-isdef: Describe new 2016 behavior of
- Q-MP: Mention LuaTeX integration of MetaPost.
- Q-archives Germany is now the only CTAN hub.
- Q-AMSpkg: Re-write contributed by Barbara Beeton
- Q-catalogue: Heavily revised
- Q-latex2e: Update development section in light of
- Q-noroom: Reword as LaTeX now use e-TeX extended register allocation
- Q-notWYSIWYG: Reorder and update links
- Q-readtex: Minor clean-up
- Q-TeXfuture: Update projects section to link to other FAQ
- Q-tmupfl: Minor rewording
- Q-unicode: Minor addition to mention UTF-8 default in current LaTeX.
- Q-noroom: reword as all LaTeX formats now use e-TeX extended register allocation.
- Q-HPdrivers: Redirect to Q-drivers
- Q-lollipop: Not widely used
- Q-FAQ-ouparmd merged with FAQ-parmoderr (which had same title)
- Q-FAQ-optclash merged with FAQ-optionclash (which had same title)
- Q-FAQ-usepictex redirected to FAQ-noroom (both obsolete with etex allocation)
- Q-context: Minor (copy)edits and fixes
- Q-texthings: Minor (copy)edits and fixes
- Q-xetex-luatex: New combination question based on Q-xetex and Q-luatex
- Q-t1enc drop this (redirect to Q-why-inp-font)
- Q-why-inp-font Update this (after 2018 release changes)
- Q-LaTeX2HTML: Update with more recent converters such as LaTeXML and lwarp.
- Q-mathml: Update to better describe current usage.
- Q-luatex: Incorporated into Q-xetex-luatex
- Q-xetex: Incorporated into Q-xetex-luatex
- Q-alternatives: New description of some non-TeX systems
- Q-enginedev: Summarise key engine developments, both current and historical
- Q-biblatex: Revise to reflect current status
- Q-bug: Karl Berry now collects TeX bugs
- Q-etex: Detail moved to Q-enginedev
- Q-LaTeX3: Revised to reflect new GitHub-based workflow and website changes
- Q-luatex: Detail moved to Q-enginedev, user text rewritten
- Q-pdftex: Detail moved to Q-enginedev
- Q-whatpdftex: Renamed to Q-pdftex
- Q-WYGexpts: Revised to be less Emacs-specific
- Q-xetex: Detail moved to Q-enginedev, user text rewritten
- Q-ant: Incorporated into Q-alternatives
- Q-extex: Incorporated into Q-enginedev
- Q-omegaleph: Incorporated into Q-enginedev
- Q-latexbug: Updated to reflect new GitHub issuer tracker
- Q-newans: Updated to point to GitHub for contributions
- Source converted to Markdown
- Hosting moved to GitHub Pages
- New management organisation
- Q-noans: Updated to point to GitHub for suggestions